The Mission Statement of the Taylor Community Library is to provide the best possible library service to all the residents of Lackawanna County. This is achieved through electronic resources and hands on materials. Additionally to expand community services to improve the well being of all patrons.
Deborah K. Jones, President
Laurel LaClair, Vice President
Mary Ann Manning, Treasurer
Lori McCullon, Secretary
Jeanie Sluck, Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mary Wickizer, Children’s Librarian, email@example.com
Loretta Heffernan, Teen Services, firstname.lastname@example.org
Loriann Zelinski, Adult Programming, email@example.com
Barbara Lewis, Inter Library Loan, firstname.lastname@example.org
Jean Marie Lynn, Adult Librarian, email@example.com
Our library was founded on March 17, 1953 by a group of concerned citizens of the Borough of Taylor. Through a variety of fund raisers and hard work they were able to raise the necessary funds to purchase materials and furniture. The borough allowed the library to be housed in a room located in the Borough Building. Tragedy struck in 1972 when fire destroyed the Borough Building along with the police station and library. Again through hard work and determination the library was reopened. There was no permanent location until 1980 when the Borough built a library. In 1982 through a tax referendum in Lackawanna County the library became a member of the Lackawanna County Library System. The library since then has grown in leaps and bounds and, therefore, outgrew the Union Street address. In 2005 the library opened their newly constructed library located at 710 S. Main Street.