November 9, 2018 @ 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Lackawanna County Children's Library
520 Vine St
Scranton, PA 18510
**DUE TO LACK OF ATTENDANCE, NOVEMBER’S OPEN MIC NIGHT HAS BEEN CANCELLED. Make sure to register to our special Holiday Ugly Sweater Open Mic Night in December!**
Get ready for the Children’s Library’s open-mic night for tweens, held in a coffee house style! Kids ages 8-14, of all levels and abilities are welcome to perform. Invite your families and friends to come join in the audience!
*This is a family event and we ask that you keep your songs and spoken word PG. See below for complete
Our mission at the Lackawanna County Children’s Library Tween Open Mic Night is to provide an outlet for local performers to be heard. We encourage all levels of performers, whether novice or expert, to hone their performance skills and talents in front of an audience. Again, this is a family event and we ask that you keep your songs and spoken word PG.
- Performances begin at 6:30. Closing time is 8:00PM.
- Sign-up time is 6:00PM. First come – first served. PLEASE WRITE CLEARLY. Come on time to assure a time-slot.
- Instrumentals, spoken-word, poetry, comedy, and any genre of music is OK to
perform…just keep it appropriate. Originals are highly encouraged!
- You get to play 2 songs or 10 minutes total including spoken word, poetry, comedy etc.
- We provide: 1-microphone and mic stand , and the house sound system. Other than that… bring what you need. * Please, No drum kits. Hand drums are acceptable.
- When you are next – please be ready. Your instruments should already be out of their cases and tuned-up. Be ready to take the stage when you are called.
- Tune-up BEFORE you go on stage. If you have difficulty tuning, don’t be
embarrassed to ask someone for help. Don’t lose performance time playing the tune up song.
- Perform material that you are comfortable with. We don’t expect perfection but its always best to be as prepared as you can be. Choose songs and material you are comfortable with.
- BE CONSIDERATE OF THE OTHER PERFORMERS. Please be quiet and show respect for the performers on stage. Do not play instruments while performers are on stage. APPLAUD FOR EVERYONE. It provides encouragement and you’ll see how good it makes you feel when you perform.
- Please stay for the performers after yourself. We all like to have an audience and it’s all about supporting one another.
- GOOD LUCK and thanks for your support!
Open to the public to enjoy!
Registration is only necessary for performers. Please call (570) 348-3000, ext. 3027 to register.