Tell Your Family & Friends
It’s free and so is everything that comes with it. What is it?
It’s a Library Card for the Lackawanna County Library System. It’s the best card that you can carry.
September is National Library Card Sign-Up Month so now is a great time to get a Library Card and start enjoying its benefits. If you already have the Card, you know what they are, so how about telling others why they should sign up for a Library Card.
- There are 11 libraries in Lackawanna County and a library card opens the doors to all of them. Wherever you live or work, there is a library just minutes away. All have free Wi-Fi, a computer, when you need one, and the research help from qualified librarians.
- As you would expect, we also have books, magazines, newspapers, professional journals – whatever you need or want you can find in Lackawanna County Library System’s combined collection of more than 500,000 items. And if we don’t have it, we can probably get it for you from another library through Interlibrary Loan.
- Access the Library from your home or office via lclshome.org. It’s a virtual library open 24/7. From academic research to auto mechanics, eBooks to business information, and more, lclshome.org is a site that you will use frequently, but you need a Library Card to take advantage of its best features.
- Download e-books and downloadable audio books for free from lclshome.org – Library Card required.
- Lackawanna County libraries are among the busiest places in our communities. Together they get more than 750,000 visitors every year. In addition to borrowing books or using Wi-Fi, people visit the library for children’s programs, adult classes, teen activities, community meetings, book clubs and more.
Signing up is easy. Just send this link to a relative or friend and share the benefits of the Card.