There is a part-time position at the Scranton Public Library’s book store/library, Library Express. Library Express is located in the Marketplace at Steamtown. Must have strong customer service skills, enjoy people and work well with all ages. Flexibility in availability is essential. The schedule includes nights and weekends. The weekly schedule is approximately 10-15 hours a week.
Principal Responsibilities and Duties: Clerk
- Performs full range of circulation desk duties, including issuing library cards, checking materials in and out, reserving books, collecting fines, answering the phone, pulling the daily pick list, making copies, and promoting library events.
- Advises customers about library materials and computers and oversees appropriate use of the facility.
- Orders Interlibrary Loan items for customers.
- Keeps shelves properly organized, assists with shelving materials when needed, and assists with creating attractive seasonal displays.
- Establishes and maintains a high customer service performance standard.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of library principles and practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Requirements:
- Familiarity with and use of computers and mobile devices is essential;
- Works independently, takes initiative, and successfully completes duties.
- Must be able to multi-task, and enjoy a steady to fast pace environment.
- Ability to work in a calm and friendly manner with customers, co-workers, and volunteers.
- Must be reliable and punctual.
- High school diploma or GED is required.
Demand and Work Environment:
- Physical ability to stand or sit for several hours.
- Lift up to 25lbs, reach, bend, kneel, crouch, and push carts loaded with books.
- Physical and manual dexterity.
- Ability to listen and clearly communicate in person and on the telephone.
Starting Hourly Rate: $9.00. Upon hiring, child abuse and criminal background checks will be conducted in accordance with state law.
Applications available at www.albright.org. For any questions contact Laura Hendricks, Human Resource Manager 570348-3000 ext. 3043. Applications accepted until job is filled.