There is a part-time position at the Nancy Kay Holmes Library a branch of the Scranton Public Library. Successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to courteously respond to customer requests, to work cooperatively in a team environment, to be flexible as the demands of the job change, and to handle the fast-pace of telephone and in-person interactions. The schedule is approximately 20 hours per week from Monday to Friday and includes opening and closing shifts.
Principal Responsibilities and Duties: Clerk
- Performs full range of circulation desk duties, including issuing library cards, checking materials in and out, reserving books, collecting fines, answering the phone, pulling the daily pick list, making copies, and promoting library events.
- Advises customers about library materials and computers and oversees appropriate use of the facility.
- Orders Interlibrary Loan items for customers.
- Keeps shelves properly organized, assists with shelving materials when needed, and assists with creating attractive seasonal displays.
- Bring materials to curbside patrons.
- Assist with program preparation, set up and clean up.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Requirements:
- Works independently, takes initiative, and successfully completes duties.
- Must be able to multi-task, and enjoy a steady to fast pace environment.
- Ability to work in a calm and friendly manner with customers, co-workers, and volunteers.
- Familiarity with and use of computers is essential.
- Understands a variety of mobile devices.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of library principles and practices.
- Must be reliable and punctual.
- High school diploma or GED is required.
Demand and Work Environment:
- Physical ability to stand or sit for several hours.
- Lift up to 25lbs, reach, bend, kneel, crouch, and push carts loaded with books.
- Physical and manual dexterity.
- Ability to listen and clearly communicate in person and on the telephone.
Upon hiring, child abuse and criminal background checks will be conducted in accordance with state law.
Starting Hourly Rate: $9.00 – $10.00 based on experience.
Applications accepted until job is filled.
To apply for this job please click on the link below