The Scranton Public Library envisions a future in which everyone has free access to a diversity of resources needed to lead productive and fulfilling lives.
The Scranton Public Library strives to enhance the lives of all individuals by offering free access to materials and programs designed to satisfy the informational and recreational needs of our community.
Current officers of the Board of Trustees of the Scranton Public Library are:
President: Ms. Linda Koons
Vice President: Dr. Kenneth Mayers
Treasurer: Mr. Joseph X. Garvey
Board of Trustees
c/o Scranton Public Library, 500 Vine St,
Scranton PA 18509
Chief Executive Officer: Scott Thomas, 570-348-3013, email@example.com
Branch Manager: Diane Demko 570-558-1670
Library Express was established in 2012 as a branch of Scranton Public Library. It is located at the Steamtown Mall. It serves as both a traditional branch library – loaning books and other library materials to library patrons, and as a bookstore selling new and used books at discounted prices.
We happily accept your gently used books. Larger donations can be dropped off at the Albright Memorial Library Building. Please call 570-348-3000 ext. 3022 to schedule a drop-off.
We do not accept:
- Readers Digest Abridged Books
- Damaged or Moldy Materials
Online Application for the Scranton Public Library
Printable Application for the Scranton Public Library
Patron Behavior Policy
Welcome to the Library Express
We look forward to providing you with the best library service possible. In return, we ask only that you treat the Library, its contents, the staff, and other patrons with respect. Failure to do so may result in denial of service, suspension of privileges, or expulsion.
Please observe the following rules of behavior:
- Any acts or conduct in violation of federal, state, or local laws, ordinances, or regulations.
- Obstructing access to any part of the library facility or grounds. This includes bringing in personal items (e.g.; knapsacks, duffel bags, etc.) that may be a hazard, take up an excessive amount of space, or impede library use.
- Possession of weapons except those possessed by on-duty law enforcement personnel.
- Creating a disturbance that would prevent others from enjoying the library and its resources.
- Bringing alcohol and/or other drugs onto the premises.
- Smoking, vaping, and other forms of tobacco use.
- Consuming food. Beverages in covered containers are permitted in designated areas only.
- Use of obscene language.
- Petitioning, soliciting, or selling merchandise or services.
- Bringing in animals unless they are a service animal as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Bathing, shaving, or washing of clothes.
- Filming or photographing without permission from library staff.
In addition, we would like to make you aware of the following:
- Visitors whose bodily hygiene is offensive so as to constitute a nuisance to other persons may be required to leave premises.
- Personal items left unattended are subject to removal and disposal.
- Shoes and shirts must be worn at all times.
Procedures for Violations:
- A visitor who fails to rectify behavior after two verbal warnings by a staff member may face expulsion which would be in effect for the remainder of the business day.
- A visitor who repeatedly violates this policy or violates it in a way that threatens the safety of staff and other visitors may have their access suspended for a period of time determined by the CEO.
- Visitors whose access has been suspended may appeal to the SPL Board of Trustees.
Approved by the Library Board of Trustees, July 15, 2021
Printable Visitor Behavior Policy