This summer, get outside and get active! Discover new books and new authors! Try a recipe, take a hike…even do a science experiment. All these activities (and more) are available
This summer, get outside and get active! Discover new books and new authors! Try a recipe, take a hike…even do a science experiment. All these activities (and more) are available to you through SummerQuest, a dynamic summer challenge for all ages! Register on Beanstack beginning June 21 at lclshome.beanstack.org. Use your computer, smartphone, or tablet to log books or activities. Or, try the app! Earn digital badges as you work your way through the levels. If you have already registered on Beanstack for 2020 SummerQuest, 2021 Winter Challenge, or 1,000 Books, just join a new challenge and begin right away.
To complete the challenge, see the below requirements for each age group. Visit your local library with any questions.
For kids: To complete SummerQuest, read 800 minutes and earn all 5 activity badges (3 activities completed equals a badge)
For preschool: To complete SummerQuest, read 800 minutes and earn all 5 activity badges (3 activities completed equals a badge)
To register individually or as a family:
- Go to https://lclshome.beanstack.org. –> Click on “Register an Individual or Family.”
- It will ask if you want to register yourself or your child.
- If registering as a family, the parent or guardian should begin by clicking “I am Registering Myself.” Then, follow the prompts to add another adult or child.
- Once registered, access your account by logging in to Beanstack using the username and password that you created.
To log books or activities:
- Sign in to your Beanstack account. In the upper left-hand corner, click on your name or “Switch Reader.” The program for the appropriate age level will display. Click “Return to This Program” under the reading program.
- Click “Log Reading and Activities” in the right-hand corner.
- To log minutes: fill out the number of minutes read and click “log.”
- To log activities: click activities. Select activity completed and click “log.”
June 21 (Monday) - August 13 (Friday)