01aprAll Day19Teen Poetry ContestFor Teens in Grades 6-12
Celebrate National Poetry Month in April by entering our 2023 Teen Poetry Contest! Teens in grades 6-8 and 9-12 can enter their original poetry for
Celebrate National Poetry Month in April by entering our 2023 Teen Poetry Contest! Teens in grades 6-8 and 9-12 can enter their original poetry for a chance to win one of our top prizes. In each age group, the 1st place winner will receive a $50 cash prize, and 2nd and 3rd place winners will receive a $20 gift card to Library Express Bookstore.
The following are the guidelines for entry:
- Participants must be enrolled in grades 6 through 12.
- Participants may submit one original poem. Acceptable formats include free verse, formal verse, song lyrics, prose poetry, or whatever form is your favorite.
- Submissions should be no longer than 40 lines.
- Poems must be the work of the individual submitting them, not a group or collaboration.
- Poems must be typed or neatly printed.
- Poems can be submitted between April 1st and April 19th.
- Poems can be submitted physically to any Scranton Public Library location or by email to Young Adult Coordinator Briana Cimino at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, your grade, and a phone number or email (and optional parent or guardian name) for contact.
- By submitting your poem, you are consenting to having it included in a proposed publication of contest entries.
Winners will be notified and announced on Scranton Public Library social media accounts on May 1, 2023. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
april 1 (Saturday) - 19 (Wednesday)