We Sell Books on Amazon! Click here to visit our storefront.
Please join us for a demonstration of theatrical special effects make up by John Pivovarnick, author of Theatrical FX Make-Up, on October 21st. To register please call 570-558-1670 or click the image below.
Something fun is always happening for teens in the 7th through 12th grades every Tuesday night at the Library Express, 2nd Floor of the Marketplace at Steamtown! Meet and hang out with other teens while having a great time at Teen Tuesdays!!
Designed for: Adults and young adults needing assistance with technology.
Registration: Required. Please call 570-558-1670 to register by phone, or click the green button to register online.
About this event: Join friends for a Building Block Party at the Library! Build a tower, a neighborhood, or create your own story using our wooden blocks. Block play builds helps the development of your child and enhances math skills, science skills, literacy, language skills, social skills, technology skills and creativity.
Designed for: Children, ages three to six. Siblings welcome!
Registration: Registration is required. Please call 570-558-1670 to register by phone, or click the green button to register online.
The Scranton Public Library will be visiting Citizens Savings Bank in Scranton, every 4th Friday of the month, July through October, with our Pop-Up Library, weather permitting.
We will be there from 11:00 am – 2:00 pm.
Here are just a few things we have available during the Pop-Up:
• Sign up for a library card
• Check your library card account, including due dates for library items.
• Ask for help with your digital devices, such as tablets, smartphones, etc.
• Ask for help with any of your research needs.
• Browse and borrow from a collection of books and movies in our Pop-Up Wagon. We’ll keep the collection changing each visit so there’s always something new!
• Return any library items to us.
• Ask and/or sign up for any of our library programs, including computer classes.
• Find a calendar of events for each of our SPL branches.