Scranton Public Library Meeting Space
Meeting Room Policy and Application
Virtual Meeting Through Zoom
Book a virtual meeting for up to 50 people through the Library’s secure Zoom subscription. Virtual meetings are free of charge for community organizations, nonprofits, governmental entities, and small businesses.
Apply to use our Zoom Virtual Meeting Space for your online meeting.
In-Person Meeting at the Library
Apply to use our In-Person Meeting Room
Printable Meeting Room Application
Henkelman Room Rental Information & Application
Scranton Public Library meeting rooms are available free-of-charge for community organizations and governmental entities engaged in educational, cultural, charitable, civic, religious, or political activities. The library may opt to impose fees for use by businesses and for private events.
- Use of the Room does not constitute endorsement of viewpoints expressed by the program or participants in the program. No advertising or announcement implying such endorsement will be permitted. All advertisements, mailings and postings must include the disclaimer, “This event is not endorsed by or sponsored by the Scranton Public Library.
- The Library is a smoke-free environment. Smoking/vaping is permitted only outside of the gated area.
- Alcoholic beverages, light refreshments, and catering may be permitted following library-imposed guidelines and all applicable laws.
- No admission fee for meetings or programs is permitted. Except for private parties, activities must not be closed to any person due to age, sex, race, religion, marital status, political affiliation, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any legally protected category.
- The Responsible Party is responsible for the actions of each attendee. The Room should be left in the same condition and arrangement as it was found. Any damage resulting from Room usage, as a result, will result in the Responsible Party being billed for repairs and / or banned from future usages.
- Meetings of individuals under 18 years of age must have an adult sponsor present and remain present throughout the length of the program.
- Use of the library’s address as an official address of an organization is prohibited.
- The Responsible Party and attendees agree to hold the Library harmless from any liability for any damages, claims or incidents that may arise.
- The Library assumes no responsibility for private property brought onto the premises.
- Interested parties must submit a Reservation Form no later than 1 month in advance to ensure availability on the desired date and execute a Usage Agreement with the Scranton Public Library.
- The library reserves the right to cancel an event at any time if the event causes or has the potential to cause disruption to library patrons, interference with library functions, or endangerment of staff or patrons. In addition, the library reserves the right to cancel or prematurely end a program if the responsible parties are found to be in violation of the library’s policies and its Rule of Conduct or if fire and safety regulations are being violated.
- Responsible Party may be requested to provide proof of insurance.
- Any disagreement between the Responsible Party and the Scranton Public Library will be addressed pursuant to the Scranton Public Library’s Library Resource Challenge procedure.