Brought to you by the Master Gardeners in Lackawanna County Judy Coleman and Ellen Sillner will present a class on how to grow tomatoes from seedlings. The class will take place on March 19th from 2:00PM – 4:00PM in the North Pocono Public Library Community Room.
- Types of Tomatoes
- Varieties available
- Choosing the right tomatoes for you
- Tags and Seed Packets – what do they tell you?
- Planting the seedlings properly
- Staking vs Caging
- Suggestions for caring for your tomatoes
- To prune or not to prune?
- Diseases and Treatments (organic)
- Growing Tomatoes in Containers
- Harvesting and Storing