There is a part-time Senior Library Clerk position available in the Reference Department at the Albright Memorial Library. The candidate must function well in a busy environment and enjoy working with the public. Candidate must be computer literate, Internet-savvy, and able to provide accurate answers to a variety of in-person, on-line and telephone queries. Teamwork and a strong customer service ethic is essential. Flexibility in availability is essential. The schedule includes days, nights and weekends. The weekly schedule is approximately 20-25 hours. This position is not only a primary service point for library patrons seeking basic and in-depth information, but also for patrons seeking to research local history and genealogy. Skill in querying and understanding the patron’s needs along with displaying patience is important. Upon hiring, child abuse and criminal background checks will be conducted in accordance with state law.
In the event you are employed, you acknowledge that you must provide by date of hire the following three required clearance:
- Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance
- FBI Finger-Print Based Background Check
- Intermediate knowledge of current technological applications including Windows, Apple products, mobile devices, wireless technology, USB, and other computer based software.
- Assist patrons in finding and using appropriate research material.
- Assist in the care and maintenance of the Local History and Genealogy Collection.
- Researching and/or assisting patrons in local history and genealogy research.
- Assist in teaching introductory genealogy classes.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Requirements:
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel is essential.
- Local history knowledge is a plus.
- Must be flexible, able to multi-task, and enjoy a steady to fast pace environment.
- Ability to serve patrons in a calm and friendly manner.
- Must be reliable and punctual.
- Ability to listen and clearly communicate with patrons in person and on the telephone.
- Valid PA driver’s license.
- College degree/library experience desired.
Physical Demand and Work Environment:
- Physical ability to stand or sit for several hours.
- Lift up to 25lbs, reach, bend, kneel, crouch, and push carts loaded with books.
- Physical and manual dexterity.
- Starting hourly rate is $14.13-$15.54.
- Up to 5% TIAA-CREF match on retirement contributions.
- Vacation, personal time, sick time, and some paid holidays.
If interested or questions please contact Laura Hendricks, Human Resource Manager 570-348-3000 ext. 3043 or email@example.com.