Wonder Woman Steps Up
During this COVID-19 pandemic, a lot of people discovered that library cards are useful far beyond the walls of libraries themselves. In the past few months, the downloading of eBooks and eAudiobooks has soared, our virtual library, www.lclshome.org, has seen visits to online resources increase dramatically, and patrons in large numbers have viewed Facebook Live, Instagram, and Zoom programs presented by Lackawanna County libraries.
Yes, a library card is a powerful tool and this year Wonder Woman, one of the world’s greatest superheroes, will promote Library Card Sign Up Month all across America to encourage everyone to get the card that library patrons value so highly.
Since you receive Live & Learn in Lackawanna County, you already know this, so how about telling others why they should sign up for a Library Card.
- There are 10 libraries in Lackawanna County and a library card opens the doors to all of them. Wherever you live or work, there is a library just minutes away. All have free Wi-Fi, a computer, when you need one, and the research help from qualified librarians.
- As you would expect, we also have books, magazines, newspapers, professional journals – whatever you need or want you can find in Lackawanna County Library System’s combined collection of more than 500,000 items. And if we don’t have it, we can probably get it for you from another library through Interlibrary Loan.
- Access the Library from your home or office via lclshome.org. It’s a virtual library open 24/7. From academic research to auto mechanics, eBooks to business information, and more, lclshome.org is a site that you will use frequently, but you need a Library Card to take advantage of its best features.
- Download e-books and eAudiobooks for free from lclshome.org – Library Card required.
- During normal times, Lackawanna County libraries are among the busiest places in our communities. Before COVID-19, Lackawanna County libraries logged more than 750,000 visitors every year. Even with restriction in place due to the pandemic, libraries are seeing an increase in traffic every day.
Signing up is easy. Just send this link to a relative or friend and share the benefits of the Card.