Natalie has a fun and exciting new program for middle schoolers (ages 11-14). The young writers group is a fun new way to learn about creative writing and create their own works!
This program will help kids learn to express themselves creatively without the limitations of a classroom. Those who participate in reading their works, will gain the skill of public speaking. And learn the skills of three different styles of writing (poetry, fiction, creative nonfiction).
Four week program:
– Jan. 12 @ 5-6: Poetry
– Jan. 19 @ 5-6: Fiction
– Jan. 26 @ 5-6: Creative Nonfiction
– Feb. 2 @ 5-6: Virtual Open Mic Night
What the program would consist of:
– Prompts and writing exercises
– Voluntarily reading their works out loud
– A guided discussion on what each type of writing consists of
– At the end of the program, they will all submit their favorite works to be read aloud at a virtual open mic night (Feb.2) which they can all invite their families and friends to come and listen
For this program you will need:
-computer or tablet with microphone
-notebook of your choosing
-pen or pencil
*if you need assistance getting these materials please email firstname.lastname@example.org
To reserve your spot, please RSVP to email@example.com or reserve through the Library Express Events Calendar.
*Maximum of 40 spots available