Since Lackawanna County Libraries reopened in June 2020 after being closed for three months due to the pandemic, we have made it our mission to provide patrons a safe experience while visiting the library. Here are some of the things we are doing to keep you safe:
- Cleaning and sanitizing high-touch areas after every use.
- Enforcing social distancing guidelines.
- Requiring that face masks that cover the mouth & nose be worn by staff and patrons.
- Offering sanitizing stations for library patrons.
- Quarantining library materials for 24 hours after they are returned.
- Providing Curbside Service Hours so patrons can pick up holds without having to enter the library building.
- Hosting virtual programs for all ages via Zoom and Facebook.
- Limiting or reducing computer sessions to ensure access and comply with capacity regulations.
If you can’t get to the library, the Library is here for you 24/7 online. Browse eBooks & eAudiobooks on Libby; binge-watch movies on Kanopy; or learn a new skill with LearningExpress Library. There are endless possibilities!